We’re big believers in our mission at The Village School:
Each child who enters our doors will understand the world around them and the talents within them so that they can find a calling and change the world.
As such, we have some strong ideas about what makes a family a good “fit” for our learning community.
Parents looking for the items listed below, may be challenged by The Village School’s philosophy and learning design:
- Those who value social prestige and prefer a traditional education.
- Those who are “blamers” and ultimately will gossip and criticize, no matter what.
- Those who aren’t sure their child is ready yet for the responsibility and struggles- and occasional tears- of truly independent learning (and may be right).
- Those who are not committed to a Hero’s Journey themselves.
So, who is The Village School for?
- People who believe the traditional school system no longer works to prepare children for the modern world.
- Creators and Creatives
- Out-of-the box thinkers
- People who want the benefits of child-directed learning without having to make a full-time commitment to homeschooling
- Families with flexible schedules
- Children who want additional time to pursue their passions
- People who want to maximize their family time
- Trailblazers and trendsetters
- Families who value their freedom and want their children to develop a love of learning
Is this you? Begin your family’s journey today!