Welcome to the Personal Well-being Mini-Quest!
Instead of travelling away from home, our learners will journey deep inside themselves to discover what makes us happy, why we think the way we do, and how we can build habits to “rewire” our brains. Through a series of challenges over the next two weeks, heroes will learn how to increase their own happiness and build more productive habits. At the end of this quest, learners will be equipped with the research and tools to successfully incorporate a wellness activity into their own daily life.
Since goal setting is one of these productive habits, heroes will be challenged to continue setting daily goals over break. Wait, what?!! Isn’t this supposed to be a “break”?
Of course, this is why we invite our learners to take a break from the typical goals they set during Core Skills and instead set a goal to hone a skill or talent of their choice. We will celebrate everyone’s hard work at our first virtual Talent Show. Winners in each studio will receive prizes in the form of gift cards to our local “One More Page” bookstore.
The Basic Journey
- Learn Self-care Skills in 7 Exploration Areas: 1) Gratitude, 2) Kindness, 3) Meditation, 4) Connection, 5) Exercise, 6) Sleep, 7) Savoring
- Practice these skills each day & keep track of your practice.
Quest Badges will be awarded for dedicated practice of self-care. In general, heroes who earn this badge will demonstrate…
- Evidence of daily practice in 7 Exploration Areas through ReWi App or Journal for 2 weeks
- Excellent Exhibition work: Submitting self-care video and performing a skill in TVS Virtual Talent Show
- Create a short video on how young people can practice self-care during quarantine.
- Create your own performance highlighting a personal skill or talent for our first TVS Virtual Talent Show!
Ready to get started? Read/Watch these three resources:
- Americans aren’t that Happy on Newsela: https://newsela.com/read/hygge-global-habit-craze/id/48440/
- You don’t find Happiness; You create it by Katarina Blom (watch to minute 4:30). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DtcSCFwDdw
- An Astronaut’s View on Self-isolation: Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uL5sqe5Uk8&feature=youtu.be